Friday, December 2, 2016

State Officer Lizzy Backlund



I have been part of SkillsUSA for a year and a half now. This year I ran for State Office. I was prepared for my speech and my poster to show my slogan. My campaign slogan was Busy Lizzy, Vote Lizzy B.  I competed against other students in the state to become the State Officer at the Mankato conference. The role of a State Officer is that we help the State Board and State Directors of SkillsUSA. As a State Officer you will go around to different schools to talk about the organization and how it is run by students. Therefore, you also speak in front of around 100 to a 1000 people. Another thing that a state officer does is to set up and help the events at State competitions. State Officers have to go to training once a month.  I am really looking forward to this new opportunity to share with others students how amazing being a part of the SkillsUSA organization. 
Stillwater Chapter of SkillsUSA
Lizzy Backlund (front)


No comments:

Post a Comment