Monday, December 19, 2016

Sara Voss Modernistic & Valley Outreach

Modernistic Display 
The Stillwater Transition Program has helped me experience what it’s like to have a job before needing to be fully committed to one. I was allowed to work for a few weeks at the company Modernistic, which is a printing and design company. I and a few other students helped with processing some winter decorations for Starbucks and Kohl’s. I liked that experience because, it was the first job I’ve ever had and I got to see that it’s not so scary having a job. I feel, I am ready to work. I also like the fact that I got paid for this job experience. To learn more about Modernistic click on the following link http://www.modprint.com/


Currently, I am volunteering at Valley Outreach, which was also set up for me through the Transition Program. Valley Outreach donates clothes and food to people who need it, and I help with the clothing that gets donated. All of the retail job skills I am gaining is very satisfying because, I plan on working in retail to help pay for college. The Transition Program is giving me the practical skills I need for my future, and I am grateful for the opportunity.
To learn more about Valley Outreach click on the following link http://www.valleyoutreachmn.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment