Tuesday, February 4, 2020

John Pace Transition Story

My name is John and this is my first year at the Stillwater Transition program. At first I was forced to come here and I hated it. It didn't take me long to see that this program is what's best for me. The teachers are supportive and I am always ready to learn more.

In my first year so far I have gone to Auto Dismantling classes which I had fun with but needed to focus on life skills. I am in SkillsUSA as the president but not sure if it is what I want to do. My goal this year is to find a paid job that I can manage as I have trouble with multitasking. I am starting a job sight a Papa John's 2nd semester for job training which brings me new opportunities in life for me.

I like this program because it is teaching me skills I need to know how to be successful. I have learned a lot about finances, cooking, living on my own and job opportunities. I will be moving out on my own soon and hopefully I can have a job by the end of the school year.

John & Chazz in Cooking Class

1 comment:

  1. John, you have done a great job this year at the Transition program - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete