Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Nikolay Getchell

Minnesota State Officer
I am currently going to school at the Stillwater Transition Program & Northeast Metro 916 as well as working at Discount Tire.  I am a Student Ambassador at my 916 Auto Dismantling course. I help other students since it is my second year in the program.

I have been in the Stillwater Transition Program for two years, and it has been amazing. I made some friends for life, and met some amazing staff. I recently left my long term job at Cub Foods as a Bakery Assistant to better utilize my training in Auto Dismantling, by taking a new job at Discount Tire.  I like my new job a lot helping people with their cars and trucks.  I mainly work as a tire attendant taking off tires, replacing them, checking them for leaks and mounting tires.

I have been in SkillsUSA for the past two years and I have had some great experiences through this organization.  Last year I was the Minnesota State Officer and Chapter officer of our organization.  I have learned a lot from the different competitions I have competed in.
I was part of the Stillwater team that won a state championship event in SkillsUSA last spring and we competed at the national level in Louisville, Kentucky.  

I have also volunteered in the community through the Transition program and SkillsUSA Stillwater chapter.  Events I have helped with include:  Adopt a Highway, Rake A Difference and working at Meals for the Heartland and Feed My Starving Children.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new Job at Discount Tires. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete