Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Rachel Tangen Transition West Campus Program

Hi! I am Rachel! I currently am a student at the NE Metro 916 Animal Science program, I get to take care and play with animals for a class period. It’s so much fun! There is a hamster in the classroom that I just ADORE!!
I am also part of the Stillwater Transition program. It is an 18-21 program where they help people with disabilities be able to find work, help them make a resume and prepare for the life that is ahead of them. I am in my third year and am fairly sad about it, I have an amazing case manager Gina Runck.  I will be really sad to leave since I won’t see her anymore.

I am also part of the Transitions SkillsUSA Stillwater chapter. SkillsUSA is a student run organization where we prepare people for the world of work. I am a 2 time state champion and have gone to Nationals twice because of it.  Nationals was so much fun in Nashville, Tennessee last year.


I currently am working at the Stillwater McDonalds that is off of highway 36 next to Taco Bell. I love my job and night shift coworkers there. I actually got Employee of the Month last year in September for the first time, I couldn’t believe it!

Lastly, in my spare time, I LOVE to indulge in my huge hobby of anime and cosplay. I would consider myself an otaku yes. My current favorite anime is Yuri!!! On Ice, I love it so much! It really got me wanting to try ice skating, I never realized how fun it was. I also am a costume maker. I have made quite a few costumes for competition. When I go to conventions, I spend a few months making a costume that is on my skill, or I challenge myself, and enter a cosplay contest and either walk on the stage and show off my costume or perform a dance or skit with friends or just myself.   By Rachel Tangen
Learning to use the light rail blue line

1 comment: