Monday, November 6, 2017

Welcome Kaitlyn Mathaus


My name is Kaitlyn Mathaus, and I am a new student in the Stillwater Transition program this year. I came from Stillwater Area High School.  My day starts out by going to my 916 class which is Design and Digital Media, which happens to be held at Northeast Metro Career & Technical Center in White Bear Lake.
As soon as I get to Transition, I come to advisory with my case manager Karla and we work on portfolio work, and making our personal blog posts. Then afterwards, we have lunch which then takes me to SkillsUSA who is led by our advisor Mike Albers. We work on things related to career options. We also work on resumes, cover letters, and our competitions that we are preparing for state.  I recently attended the 2017-18 SkillsUSA Fall Leadership conference. I competed in Opening and Closing Ceremony, and my team took 1st place in the competition. We also took 1st place for Outstanding chapter as well.


After school and on weekends I work at Culver’s is Stillwater.  I have been working there for the past year as a crew member.  In my free time, my hobbies include: dancing, watching movies, and tv. My favorite tv show is Dancing with The Stars. Whenever I get the chance, I enjoy baking and spending time with my family. I am so excited to be in Transitions this year, and can’t wait for all the exciting memories and all of the new things I will learn about my disability and myself in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment